A vegetarian diet consists mainly of plant-based foods, which include different varieties of fresh or cooked plants, whole grains, fruits, nuts, seeds, and legumes. A vegetarian diet offers a host of benefits. It can support weight loss and digestive function. It is also environmentally friendly.
(Pixabay / jill111)
Many major league athletes are vegetarians, including:
- Prince Fielder – Fielder is the first baseman and designated hitter for the Texas Rangers and has been a vegetarian since 2008. He used to play for the Milwaukee Brewers and Detroit Tigers. He has been chosen as a member of the All-Star Team six times.
- Joe Namath – Namath was an NFL icon who played for the New York Jets and the Los Angeles Rams. He played in a Super Bowl championship and was even named as a Super Bowl MVP. He is a strong supporter of vegetarianism.
- Hank Aaron – Nicknamed the Hammer, Aaron retired as a baseball player and serves as senior vice president for the Atlanta Braves. He held the record for MLB home runs for 33 years.
- Mike Tyson – A strong advocate for the vegan diet, Tyson credits his success in the boxing ring to his meat-free lifestyle. He was heavyweight boxing’s world champion at 20 years old.
- Tony Gonzalez – He played in the NFL for 17 seasons and is now the pre-game analyst for Fox NFL. Considered one of the NFL’s best tight ends, Gonzalez is big in both reputation and size. He is a vegan who was able to amass great strength without consuming meat.
These remarkable athletes show discipline both on and off the field, in the foods they eat and the way they work out and perfect their skills. You can get household goods and branded clothing to support your favorite athletes and teams. Show your team spirit with NFL, NBA, NHL, and NCAA accessories.